Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I Was Standing Outside My House Last Night....

I was standing outside my house last night and looking around. I have a very nice house. One of the finest in the nation, statistically speaking. It is not a Beverly Hills mansion, but there are damn few of those. I mean, if you take the average in the entire country, mine is well above average. And the view. Well, the view is to die for. So I’m looking at my house and my view and all the other beautiful homes around my home and I think to myself, “I won. I won the game. I have a beautiful home and a wonderful-ish family and I get lots of sex and I have plenty of money and I go lots of nice places and I know famous people. I won.” And then I think to myself, “But wait. What if I only really win if I get to enjoy it for the next 20 years?” And then I thought, “No…I don’t want to wait 20 years to win. I don’t have that in me.” So I decided that to “win” you only have to enjoy it completely for one instant. The moment you enjoy it ALL COMPLETELY...you WIN. And then I thought...”I could have done that 40 years ago.”

No comments:

Post a Comment